Our lives have been so crazy busy (just like yours I'm sure.) It seems like we haven't done anything as a family for a while. We have No TV and computer night on Mondays, but it seems like even those Monday have been invaded the last couple of months. Illness, sing song, and all kinds of other stuff has gotten in the way.
Tonight however we put the homework away, ignored the TV and computer, and had some fun family time. Some we had homemade pizza for dinner, and dessert and table talk (family bible get the talk started cards.) We made our Valentine place mats that are weeks overdue to be made. We also had a very fun family devo. We talked about how God always helps us when we have a challenge, he is aways there for us. We did a "challenging" floor puzzle the we did together as a family, because one of the ways Gods helps us with a challenge and provided our family and teacher to help us.
The truth is Arthur and I weren't really up for it tonight. He's not feeling well, Kase has a fever so he's not in the best mood, and I got about 3 hours of sleep taking care of Kase who was up most of the night. I am glad that we pushed threw.
I just love it when we take time for our family devos. I am always so amazed at how much the girls know about the Bible. They have had some wonderful teachers at church, as well as school. Our last devo we talk about how God makes everyone, and I encouraged eveyone to write a note for each member of our family telling them how they are special. Samantha was the only one who remember other than me. Her notes were so sweet, she had one for everyone, she did them on her own with out help, and each note was different. They were so sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment