I am not a big sports fan, and in fact pay very little attention to any sports. I can actually attend a game in person and not be able to to tell you anything about it. (the exception is I love to go to the Rangers game) Anyway my husband loves football, and my son loves anything that involves a ball. Arthur listens to sports radio in the morning as he is getting ready, and although I could care less I often hear what they are talking about.
The day before the supper-bowl there was lots of Football talk. Was the talk of who they thought would win, who had the best offence or defence, or who was injured? No they were talking about Cheating, because it seems now a days you can't play professional sports without cheating. The Patriots where caught illegaly tapping another team earlier in the season. I am so glad the cheaters lost!
What is really sad to me about all the cheating (from drugs to illegal tapping) is that no one seems to care or do anything about it. This particular cheating "hasn't been proven," because the NFL covered the whole thing up! At team that has cheated at any point in the season shouldn't be Allowed in the superbowl. The fans shouldn't be in the stans cheering them on.
Our little boys and girls no longer have appropiate sport characters to look up to. For many children sports are very important to them, and professional sports have always been the ultimate heros.
Maybe all my kids will be in choir!
1 comment:
lEt's not even get started on college sports and illegal scholarships... uGh! I'm all for the choir option... less driving around too! :)
Post a Comment